The Plymouth Colony Archive Project


William Wood's 1634 Map of Plymouth



weave-bar image

Wood's Map of "The South Part of New England, as it is Planted this yeare, 1634" was published in his New England's Prospect, in London. This map is considered generally accurate, and it provides the location of Greene's Harbor, which was the original name given to what finally became Marshfield. New Plymouth and Greene's Harbor appear on this map to the west of "Cay Codd."


1634 map


dividing bar


Maps and Landscape

Project Home Page

Last Modified: December 14, 2007



© 2000-2007 Copyright and All Rights Reserved by
Patricia Scott Deetz and Christopher Fennell