The image below shows the north side and front entrances to a two-seat privy, located in area 5 on the site map. The red and black photo scale leaning against the structure shows lengths in one-foot increments.
This privy, which appears in an 1865 photograph, was likely constructed in 1854 when the School house was built. The foundation walls of the privy are made of the same stone as the bearing walls of the School house and nearby retaining walls. The privy had a slanted roof, higher at the front and lower at the back. The roof and tops of the side-walls were damaged over time by falling trees.