The Plymouth Colony Archive Project

Illustrations of Archaeology
at the Parting Ways Site, Plymouth Massachusetts

dividing bar

This photograph, from the archives of the Pilgrim Society in Plymouth, shows the Turner-Burr House as it stood sometime in the early twentieth century. The house apparently burned down in approximately 1908, and was no longer present when James Deetz began archaeological investigations on the property in 1975.
Burr house at Parting Ways

<< Previous image Next image >>

dividing bar

1995 Keynote AddressParting Ways Chapter

Plymouth Colony Archive

© 2001-2007 Copyright and All Rights Reserved by
Patricia Scott Deetz, Christopher Fennell
and J. Eric Deetz