St. Peter's Church and School House, 1890
The image below shows a photograph taken circa. 1890 of Lower Town, Harpers Ferry. The Armory Market is on the lower left. St. Peter's Church and School House appear to have received a fresh coat of paint around this time, as did the bell tower. Note the cupola on top of the School House and the matching design of the top of the bell tower.
Source: The image above, available from the Harpers Ferry Archive, is from the ©Leib Collection, York, Pennsylvania, and is included here for educational purposes only.
The next image, below, is a copy of a photograph taken sometime in the early 1890s from the northwest side of the Church grounds.
Source: U.S.G.S. online archives, photo id. Darton, N.H. 236.
The last image, below, is a copy of a photograph taken sometime in 1890-1892, showing the stone steps leading up to the east facade of the Church.
Go to Excavations page
Return to History of St. Peter's Church
© 2003-2005 Copyright and All Rights Reserved
by Christopher Fennell
Last Modified: December 14, 2007